Thursday, March 13, 2008

Greetings From The Pan Pacific

Hi everyone. I was at the Pan Pacific Tournament in Hawaii from February
19-24 and wanted to let you in on how the trip went. I arrived on February 19 at night. The following day, I had the opening game between Galaxy from U.S and Osaka from Japan. This was the first game of the tournament, so I went to the game with the mentality to set the tone for the rest of the tournament. The game was a very exciting game from beginning till the end.

The first and only yellow card came with just five minutes into the game. It was a game with a few fouls, only fourteen (14) in the whole game. People also enjoyed watching David Beckham of the L.A Galaxy, who played all 90 minutes of the game. The final score was 1-0 in favor of Osaka from Japan.

The following two days we didn't have games, so I used those days for training. On Thursday night I attended a clinic for the local referees of Hawaii, in which I shared my experience as a full-time referee. Then on Saturday I was in the final as fourth official in the game between Osaka from Japan and Houston Dynamo from U.S. The referee was Kevin Sttot and the final score was 6-1 making Osaka from Japan champions of the Pan Pacific Tournament.

I headed back home on Sunday.

Talk to you next time.

Baldomero Toledo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure hope MLS refs show RED CARDS and send off players EARLY and protect skilled players. Most MLS refs seem scared and let players foul and intimidate them.