Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For a Good Cause

There are many ways to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. I was fortunate to be in my hometown this past weekend to participate in our Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. With this illness hitting close to home with my friends and family, I was very happy to represent U.S Soccer in the 5k competitive run. I know perhaps this is a small effort but I know I can contribute in some meaningful way in fighting this disease on a personal and professional front.


Susan G.Komen for the Cure
is the global leader of the breast cancer movement, having invested more than $1 billion since the foundation's inception in 1982. As the world's largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, they are working together to save lives, empower people, and ensure quality care for all while helping energize science to find the cure. Through events like the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and generous contributions from partners, sponsors and fellow supporters, they have become the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.

- Jair Marrufo

No comments: